Churchfield Church School has a strong and extremely effective Board of Governors, also known as the Governing body. Their role is to:
– set the aims and objectives for the school
– set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
– set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
– monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
– be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend)
Members come from a wide range of backgrounds including parent, staff and trust appointed governors. It is an exciting and interesting role for anyone who is keen to be part of the the management team. The Board welcome inquiries from any parent interested in becoming a governor.
Governors can be contacted via the school office email; firstname.lastname@example.org or Churchfield Church School
Burnham Road, Highbridge, Somerset, TA9 3JF.